December 09, 2011

THE ISLAMIC UNDERTAKER'S PROFILE


It was a heart-rending experienced over an RMAF Nuri M23-17 helicopter crashed in Lundu river, Sarawak that took the life of 16 pax including 2 Generals and 6 Aircrews, dated 18 December, 1989 on a light drizzle misty morning. We were the first Search and Rescue Alouette III helicopter to spot the ill-fated Nuri helicopter semi-submerged in the low tide of Lundu river. Then the search party arrived having being radioed back to RMAF Base Kuching.  It was a tragic moment to be on the crash site, helping to bring the dead body bags back to the base, then to the hospital for post-mortem and finally returned to the 'Base Surau' for the body wash, shrouding and the prayers which lasted till late night with bodies filled the coffins sealed and marked, thus awaiting for an airlift to their hometowns on the following day for military burials. I spent my night at the Base Surau and concurrently had a sleepless night perhaps with the fatal scenario spinning in my memory thinking friends of all friends that have died. The probability of the post-obit of my involvement during the search and rescue had coincidently enticed and overturned me to become "The Islamic Undertaker" after my retirement from the air force in 1992.....May God bless them.


Back from Mecca in 1995

In the year 2000 marked my first apprenticeship as a 'funeral undertaker' within my community came into existence. I was placed under the care my 'Master Undertakers' the late Haji Aziz Bin Ahmad and Haji Ariffin Bin Lazim for several years and soon became a sole successor after their death, Al-Fatihah. I am now on my own momentum to gain experience and knowledge, and known having to train the younger generation in "Islamic Funeral Undertaking" that becomes one of my prime task. Besides, I too has to acquire as much Islamic funeral knowledge as to enhance my capability on the subject. My respects goes to the two Islamic religious teachers and funeral advisors, the late Tuan Guru Ustaz Haji Yasin Bin Hassan of Merbok and also the present Tuan Guru Ustaz Haji Ahmad Ziyadi Bin Hassan, late Haji Aziz Bin Ahmad and Haji Ariffin Bin Lazim for their solid foundation given to me on the Islamic Funeral information and Management and not forgetting, The Malaysian Islamic Training Institute(ILIM) and The Islamic Center of Northern University Malaysia(UUM) for their superb course in deliverance on the Islamic funeral subjects. 


The Late Tuan Guru Ustaz Haji Yasin Bin Hassan (Fikh)
Photo of 2011

Tuan Guru Ustaz Haji Ahmad Ziyadi Bin Hassan (Usuluddin)
Photo of 2011.

Certificate from Islamic Center, Northern University Malaysia.


A Certificate from Malaysian Islamic Training Institute(ILIM)


A Certificate from Malaysian Islamic Training Institute (ILIM).






No comments: